Here is a brief summary of updates to Android's eyes-free tools--- including TalkBack, and the Eyes-Free Shell from the last two weeks.
- Speech during a phone call is now re-enabled.
- Turning the screen on/off is spoken. This announcement includes the ringer mode/volume.
- Changes in the the ringer mode - silent, vibrate, and normal are now announced.
- Unlocking the phone is announced.
- Other Android applications can programmatically discover if TalkBack is enabled.
applications can programmatically discover whetherTalkBack has
been enabled, configuring Eyes-Free shell to become your
default home screen has become a lot easier. In a nutshell,if
you are a TalkBack user and install Eyes-Free shell, hitting
Home button will bring up the eyes-free shell,
---no configuration needed. Note that you can always get to the
default Android home screen by long-pressing the
Share And Enjoy